This is an extremely common shape in women!
The Apple shape is usually defined by the following:
- A large bust
- Round tummy area (undefined waistline)
- Broad hips/thighs
- Either a flat or full bum ( flat bum being the most common with this shape along with thin legs)
- Your top half from shoulders to bust and particularly your waist are narrow
- Thighs and bum are in greater proportion to your shoulders and chest
Note: You will find yourself to be one full dress size bigger on bottom than on top
- Only around 8-9% of women naturally have this classic Hollywood physique
- You have an hourglass frame if your bust and your hips are the exact same measurement
- Your waist is well defined
- Your body makes a perfect 8 shape
- Your shoulders are the broadest part of your body
- Usually considered as more athletic looking body type
- Not too much waist definition
- Your hips look straight in proportion to your shoulders
- Pencil also known as the 'rectangle' shape means your body has little or no curve definition.
- Your bust and hips are likely to be the same width
- Your legs tend to be longer than your torso
- Overall you will have an athletic figure
Back to Basics:
It is so important to have the correct measurements of your frame.It was only when I began to model that I realized how effective and flattering the results can really be. I have titled this section back to basics as a reference point for all you lovely ladies in order to achieve the most value from your clothes and curves!
Section I :The bra effect.
Section II: Correct body measurements.
The bra effect:
According to health publications, a shocking 80 percent of women wear the wrong bra size. Getting the correct fitting bra will help to improve your posture and will enable your clothes to fit and sit better.In many cases it can reveal or give the illusion of a smaller more flattering waistline and even take you down an entire dress size. who knew?
It is important to note, that it is recommended by specialists that women should be remeasured every six months as lifestyle factors from pregnancy to a change in diet can alter your size. When your bra does not fit correctly, it can lead to breathing restrictions,tummy discomfort or a total shapeless body.
The main aim of underwear is to support us in our active lives so it is vital that we get it right. Depending on the brand of underwear you can be a slightly different size - similar to shopping for clothing. This is perfectly normal with most women just as long as the bra fits correctly.
Section II :
Correct Body measurements:
Knowing your measurements is so important so we can establish both what body type you are ( in section three)but particularly dress size you ACTUALLY are. It is important because around one in eight women are currently wearing the wrong dress size as we speak.The majority of which are wearing clothes that are 1-2 sizes too big, so get out that measuring tape girls!
*Before you begin ensure you are only wearing minimal undergarments for accurate results.
* If you don't have someone to help you at the time stand in front of a mirror.
-when using this method always check both your sides and your front in the mirror to make sure the tape is in a straight line.
Simply measure from tip to tip at the widest point.
When measuring this, ensure your standing tall with your shoulders back in a comfortable position
(don't slouch) !
Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your bust.
Measure around your natural waistline,
This is usually the smallest part of your stomach.
This is usually about 20-25cm below your waistline.
Note : Keep your heels together for accuracy . :)